Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fun

That's what I was missing.

Jenny and Fleur both posted this week about the fun of writing. That it is supposed to be fun. And that we often forget that.

I certainly did. Especially where rewriting is concerned. I couldn't even get my note cards done. What a slog. How to make it fun?

The first thing I did was buy blue note cards. The ones I had were yellow. I don't like yellow. Then I curled up with some good music playing. I used a purple pen. And the cards started to pile up. A whole book's worth of cards.

Now to keep the fun going while I do the writing part of the rewriting.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Maybe that's what I need to try to get these re-re-rewrites of MMG moving along.

    I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rewriting is always tough; I just came out of months of that, and it's really hard to keep it fresh. Blue notecards sound like a good place to start :-)

    I can't WAIT to read more of your writing, D.B.!

    ReplyDelete