Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Post of 2011

It truly seems like last week that I wrote my first blog post ever. Now it's time to sum up 2010 and plan for 2011. Which shouldn't take long. I didn't get much done in 2010. The same goals for the year can remain for 2011 with just a section title change.

Why didn't I get any of those goals done? Now there's a question.

Let's see--my workload increased dramatically, there were more house-related tasks that couldn't be put off any longer and I committed to making more craft items as gifts and such.

BUT, those aren't responsible for my not meeting my goals. The reason is that I was struggling with the process. I tried making some major changes to HM that might have been great suggestions, but that just didn't resonate with me. And that held me up. A lot. When I finally figured out what I really wanted to do with the story, I felt burned out on it. I needed to leave Sloan and Caleb and the gang for a while. I need to miss them just a touch more so when I do revisit them, it'll be a celebration.

So, what should my goals be for this year? I'm going to do something a little different. Agent Rachelle Gardner talked on her blog about how regular resolutions feel too much like another to-do list. She's opting for resolutions that are more about feeling rather than doing. She posted a list of adjectives. I like that.

Without further ado, my goals for 2011:

--Confident
--Healthy
--Peaceful
--Caring
--Funny
--Optimistic

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea--striving for feelings rather than another goal to check off. I think I may steal this one. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free. After all, I stole it myself.

    ReplyDelete