Tuesday, December 21, 2010

. . . And This One's For Mary . . .

I've already talked about how the format for CWC has changed. We have one submission to critique for this month, and homework to bring in a short scene for everyone to mark up at the meeting.

And since Jenny won't be submitting--long story that she tells better on her blog--we're looking for things to do for February. I offered to lend everyone a cozy to read. They can read as far as they want, then write up what they thought, where they stopped and why. I want to get a discussion going about what the found fun, irritating, exciting, etc. I think this will lead to figuring out what's expected in cozies and what's optional.

The nice side effect of this exercise it that I got to go through the ones I've already read that I haven't loaned to Carrie the extraordinary hairdresser/first reader. Deb has kindly allowed the rest of us to adopt her if we want, and Carrie agrees, of course.

Anyway, as I went through the stack, there were books that I immediately identified as good fits for each person in the group. Ali will like this one with the funny protagonist, Shane should identify with the protag fixing up her house, etc.

Then I have to wait to see if I chose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment