Friday, May 14, 2010

Reading One's Own Work

It was an interesting exercise going back and reading HM after so long. There was a lot of it I'd forgotten. I think the pleasant surprises outweighed the cringes. In both cases I felt that moment of "Did I write that?" It is a strange experience.

I tried to read it without marking it, but could not help myself. I did keep the comments to a minimum. "More here" seemed to be the most used. I also made note where I wanted to move things or add things.

Deb uses index cards to write scenes on. Then she can easily move them around. I may try that. It seems less daunting then trying to keep track in the document itself.

I'm excited about HM again. I find myself thinking of things to add or how to fix a scene that isn't working.

It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment